Patch 7.3.5 Hotfixes - February 26
Battle for Azeroth Physical Copy Pre-Purchase
Nightswifty recently shared a picture of a physical pre-purchase for BfA!
Heroes of the Storm - February 26 PTR Build
A new build went on the PTR this week!
Venturebeat Esports Interview with Mike Morhaime and Kim Phan Recap
Venturebeat sat down for an interview with Mike Morhaime and Kim Phan to discuss the Overwatch League and esports!
- Engagement levels between esports and traditional sports is not that different. In some cases esports is higher.
- This is just the beginning. More interest is coming now from traditional players, sponsors and broadcast companies.
- Sponsors from traditional sports are starting to look into esports now.
- There is a lot of room for growth. Media companies are trying to devote a part of their business to this segment.
- Each game title will have its own trends just like different sports do.
- The dynamics are changing. Cable subscription dollars have no benefit to esports.
- Unlike sports, where you watch esports is the same place where you play the game and will likely help its engagement grow faster.
- Blizzard is listening to feedback and trying to come up with ways to make Overwatch easier to understand to viewers.
- Blizzard tries to implement things in spectating that appeal to both a non-player and a fan.
- It is up to each individual fan whether the game or the players in the league are the most interesting part of watching.
- Getting a strong stable of team owners who were invested in the league was important to initial success.
- It's important to make sure the same strategy isn't used over and over.
- The idea of City-based teams was taken from traditional sports and helps with sponsorship.
Overwatch League Weekly Recap and News
Curse discusses last weeks news and events from the Overwatch League.