Card Nerfs, New Meta, Playing Post-Nerf Decks - Omni/Stone #34
Battle for Azeroth - Spell Animations
Warlocks and a few other classes have some new animations in the Battle for Azeroth alpha. Keep in mind that we are still very early in the process.
Activision Blizzard Earnings Call
The Activision Blizzard quarterly earnings call didn't have a ton of news this time around.
- Blizzard is expected to grow in 2018 with the release of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth this summer.
- Activision Blizzard had 385 million Monthly Active Users in the quarter, up from 384 million last quarter.
- Blizzard had 40 million MAUs for the quarter. While down sequentially, this is the 6th quarter in a row with 40 million or more MAUs primarily driven by Overwatch and Hearthstone
- For the second quarter in a row, players spent over 50 minutes per day in Activision, Blizzard, and King games, in line with some of the most engaging online connected platforms in the world.
- The inaugural season of the Overwatch League started on January 10 with 12 world-class team owners from across the globe, multiple league and team-level sponsors, a premium viewing experience and a robust distribution strategy. In its first week, the Overwatch League reached more than 10 million unique viewers across the world with an average audience of more than 280,000 on a per minute basis.
- Blizzard delivered record segment revenues and operating income for a year with no major game release, as they continued to deliver continuous content across franchises including Overwatch, Hearthstone, and World of Warcraft
- The Overwatch League has met and exceeded expectations. The focus now is on audience growth.
Patch 7.3.5 Hotfixes - February 8
Overwatch - Year of the Dog Event
The Year of the Dog Event has new skins, a new map, and more!
Polls - Hearthstone
There was a lot of excitement around the initial Hearthstone launch, but are you still playing now?
FinalBossTV - #164: Legion Mages
FinalBossTV covered Patch 7.3.5 Mages this week!